January 8

My Reading Life

I learned to read when I was three. I remember that my dad taught me using these yellow sheets of paper and this black permanent marker that smelled super chemically. I loved it! I remember trying to be like him and “teaching” my dolls to read. I guess I never stopped wanting to spread my love of reading!

My favorite books growing up seemed to be in series. I loved The Boxcar Children, Anne of Green Gables and for some reason, even to this day, any book that has to do with boarding schools, especially in England. I remember LOVING my teachers that read out loud to me- even the smell of their breath and what kinds of shoes they wore because I sat as close as I could.

I read a lot of historical fiction. I do almost all of my Reading at night before I go to bed. My goal for this quarter is to read more nonfiction and books about people who are very different from me.

Posted January 8, 2019 by dagoldstein in category Reading

1 thoughts on “My Reading Life

1. 26rachels

I ❤️ The Boxcar Children Series!!!!! It is the best book right after The Selection and Harry Potter!!!!
    Anne of Green Gables is one of the best books I’ve ever read!!! #Harry Potter,The Selection,Boxcar Children and Anne of Green Gables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE ALL OF THESE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KEEP POSTING SOME REALLY GREAT BOOKS MRS.GOLDSTEIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!